Moonfarmer is a Hudson Valley-based creative digital studio specializing in handmade websites, software, and applications. Since 2003, we have collaborated with our clients and partners to produce meaningful work and bring new ideas to life. We are agilists who build and deliver great, small-batch software that's tailored to each clients' specific needs. Our team is made up of developers, designers, UX Specialists, strategists, analysts, and more.
Moonfarmer is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to work with our team in a contractor role. The ideal candidate is expected to be a tech-savvy and creative professional with an in-depth understanding of the tools and technologies required for the project work.
To apply, please submit a resume and link to your design portfolio.
- To conduct group UX research and testing exercises with key stakeholders and document outcomes such as business requirements, personas and user stories;
- To write and maintain behavioral specifications;
- To create UX wireframes and flowcharts of all shapes and sizes;
- To create best-in-class interface designs and style guides for websites and applications;
- To produce custom artwork and graphical assets for front-end interfaces and content;
- To engineer and maintain Design Systems and Pattern Libraries;
- To create interactive UX/UI prototypes;
- To make and articulate production design decisions based on client requirements and a clear understanding of the front-end development process;
- To understand engineering requirements and communicate with developers about implementation;
- To provide full quality-control on software specifications, wireframes, designs, and prototypes;
- To remain abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Advanced understanding of UX Research techniques;
- Strong background in typography and layout for web;
- Advanced use of Adobe Creative Suite;
- Advanced use of Sketch (Symbols & Shared Libraries for Design Systems);
- Fundamental understanding of Atomic Design and Design Systems;
- Image & Video handling/optimization;
- Icon/graphics design and composition;
- UI animation design;
- Competency in front-end development (HTML/CSS/JS);
- Advanced understanding of all industry standard browsers/devices;
- Advanced understanding of WCAG/Accessibility;
- Strong management and people skills;
- Ability to receive and give critique gracefully and effectively;
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively;
- Concern for accessible design and familiarity with web accessibility guidelines and standards;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and to prioritize tasks;
- Eagerness to learn new skills;
- Comfort using git and the command line terminal.
This is a 1099 independent contractor role with the possibility of becoming a full-time employee role. Commitments are project based and, as such, time requirements will fluctuate based on the project scope and schedule. We’re looking for someone with whom we can develop an ongoing working relationship.
*This employer participates in E-Verify with all hired employees.