Moonfarmer is looking for a full time Project Manager to join the team. If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized and motivated person looking for a new creative challenge in a fast-paced web/software development environment.
Moonfarmer is a Hudson Valley-based creative digital studio specializing in handmade websites, software, and applications. Since 2003, we have collaborated with our clients and partners to produce meaningful work and bring new ideas to life. We are agilists who build and deliver great, small-batch software that's tailored to each clients' specific needs. Our team is made up of developers, designers, UX Specialists, strategists, analysts, and more.
All members of the Project Management team are expected to be tech-savvy professionals with an in-depth understanding of Moonfarmer’s business goals. The Project Manager should be methodical and have excellent communication and time management skills, and use them to collaborate effectively with various teams. Ultimately, the Project Manager is responsible for managing and delivering a project’s digital lifecycle within quality, time, and budget requirements.
- To provide end-to-end project management on Agile and traditional waterfall projects
- To capture and design project requirements, lead discovery engagements with clients and internally, and monitor against budget and timeline
- To develop and execute strategic project plans, proactively identifying risks, building risk mitigation and contingency plans, and adapting as needed to resolve issues
- To schedule, facilitate, and participate in client and internal staff meetings, asking the appropriate questions in client meetings and representing Moonfarmer in a professional and organized way
- To communicate with the team and ensure all members understand delegated tasks and to account for resourcing availability
- To deliver projects on time and on budget, ensuring quality standards are met by taking ownership of end to end delivery and client satisfaction
- To internalize client goals and objectives, continually driving engagement and scope development in order to maintain strong, long-term client relationships
- To demonstrate a clear understanding of business goals and integrate them into project plans
- To develop an evolving QA test bank for projects
- To develop support documentation including risk logs and requirement specifications
- To monitor and report on Google Analytics metrics
- To seek opportunities for improvement and suggest new process to support business objectives
- Experience managing custom website, application, or other software development projects
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and to prioritize tasks based on deadlines and urgency
- Excellent communication, decision making, and team leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- High degree of proficiency with project management platform (Asana)
- High degree of proficiency with and understanding of Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Proficiency with content management systems and familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
- Solid technical background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues
Salary is commensurate with experience. Senior positions start at $100k+ per year. Please enquire for full benefits package.
At this time we are open to considering both full-time employment and 1099 contractor arrangements.
Moonfarmer maintains a physical office space in Kingston, NY. Employees have the option to work in the office (adhering to required social distancing protocols), work remotely, or a combination of both. Hours of operation and job expectations are the same.
* This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.